Berkshire Record Office Information

From Berkshire Record Office
9 Coley Avenue
Reading
Berks RG1 6AF
Tel: 0118 901 5132
Website: http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/

Transcript of an e-mail I received on December 13, 2005:
"Thank you for your email of 11 December.We have an Index and Transcripts to the Baptism Registers of Binfield parish which I have searched.

I found the following transcript:
1595 Sep 21 Rychard Swayne and also
1594 Aug 23 Rychard Swayne

It was only from 1597 that the father's name was included in the baptismentry, e.g.
1597 Jan 10 Elizabeth d/o William Swayne
1600 Jun 1 Edward s/o William Swayne

It would therefore be speculation to assume that Rychard's father wasWilliam and that the above are siblings.I also searched our Personal Names index for

Richard SWAIN/SWAYNE but foundonly the following:
Will of Richard Swayne of Binfield 1547 Doc. Ref. D/ED F80
This may or may not be an ancestor.I am sorry that I have not been able to find conclusive evidence for you."

Yours sincerelyRobin Elliott, Archives Assistant

Comments

Popular Posts